The Federal Virtual Training Environment (FedVTE) is a free, online and on-demand cybersecurity training system. With courses ranging from beginner to advanced levels, you can strengthen or build your cybersecurity skillsets – at your own pace and schedule! FedVTE provides cybersecurity training to federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government employees, federal contractors, U.S. military veterans and the public.
A limited number of courses are publicly available here: https://fedvte.usalearning.gov/public_fedvte.php
- Certification prep courses – Prepare and train for your next certification with our Certified Ethical Hacker, Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), Network +, Security +, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) courses.
- Access – FedVTE courses can be completed at your own pace, at any time using your PC, laptop, or other mobile devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets).
- NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework – All courses are mapped to the NICE Framework Categories and Specialty Areas to help you identify courses that you need for your job or aspiration.
To register for an account or see the full course catalog, visit fedvte.usalearning.gov. For more information, visit niccs.us-cert.gov/training/federal-virtual-training-environment-fedvte.
FedVTE offers courses from Beginner to Advanced Levels:
- The Election Official as IT Manager
- Cryptocurrency for Law Enforcement
- Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management (C-SCRM)
- Fundamentals of Cyber Risk Management
- (ISC)2™ Systems Security Certified Practitioner
- CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep
- 101 Critical Infrastructure Protection
- 101 Reverse Engineering
- 101 Coding
- Cyber Dark Arts
- Mobile and Device Security
- Wireless Network Security (WNS)
- Windows Operating System Security
- Cloud Computing Security
- Comp TIA Security+ (SY-501) Certification Prep
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- (ISC)2™ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification Prep
- (EC-Council) Certified Ethical Hacker Version 10 Prep
- (ISC)2™ CISSP Concentration: ISSEP (Engineering)
- (ISC)2™ CISSP Concentration: ISSMP (Management)
- Mobile Forensics
- IPv6 Security