The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has set up regional offices across the country to improve the delivery of the department’s services to critical infrastructure owners and operators and state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, and to enhance support to existing CISA field staff by relocating administrative, logistical, and regional operations capabilities from CISA headquarters (HQ) to 10 regional offices.
Regional Office Locations
The CISA regional offices are in the same cities as, or in close proximity to, the 10 existing Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offices, as indicated by the red dots on the map: Boston, MA (Region I); New York, NY (Region II); Philadelphia, PA (Region III); Atlanta, GA (Region IV); Chicago, IL (Region V); Dallas, TX (Region VI); Kansas City, MO (Region VII); Denver, CO (Region VIII); Menlo Park, CA (Region IX)*; and Seattle, WA (Region X).
*IP anticipates moving the Region IX office to Oakland, CA in 2018.
Regional Office Services
Located throughout the United States, CISA’s regional offices have strengthened and coordinated the delivery of vital resources and services—training, exercises, and programs—to our Nation’s critical infrastructure owners and operators. Through our regional offices, CISA provides:
- Targeted delivery of resources in response to evolving threats and incidents.
- Stronger and more direct coordination with local officials and stakeholders for exercises, training, and planning.
- Deeper understanding of each region’s individual risks and requirements.
- Customized advice and expertise on incident prevention, resilience, and recovery.
- Outreach and engagements specifically tailored to a region’s unique needs.
- Integrated physical and cyber threat mitigation.
- Improved response time to stakeholder requests for information and services.
A Regional Director (RD) oversees operations throughout the region, managing staff performing administrative, mission support, and outreach functions in close coordination with our partners in the field. When fully operational, the regional offices will also host space for:
- Local Protective Security Advisors (PSAs)
- Chemical Security Inspectors (CSIs)
- Cyber Security Advisors (CSAs)
- Emergency Communication Division (ECD) Coordinators
- Federal Protective Service (FPS) liaisons
- Other visiting Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) personnel