Introduction to Network Diagramming (IR107)
CISA is proud to offer the cybersecurity awareness webinar, Introduction to Network Diagramming on Thursday, March 23, 2023 from 11 a.m. to noon EDT. We are excited to share this information with stakeholders across the Federal enterprise and nationally.
The target audience for this webinar are non-technical and beginning incident responders.
To protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of an agency’s network and the data contained therein, cybersecurity professionals must be able to identify their network enterprise accurately and completely. Network diagrams are essential and serve to help visualize what is on the network, how the overall network is structured, and how all the devices on the network are connected. Every organization should build and maintain current and accurate network diagrams to help manage their network architecture and ultimately determine how to best mitigate potential or realized risks and vulnerabilities.
This webinar includes the following information and more:
• Importance of Network Diagrams: Students will learn the
importance of creating and maintaining network topology
diagrams. Students will also understand the importance of
identifying data flows and storage, identifying remote access
points and external connections, and network segmentation for
• Key Guidance for Organizations: CISA provides guidance on
what to include in network diagrams.
• Knowledge check: The course concludes with a brief knowledge
check section to reinforce key concepts and takeaways.
• Date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
• Time: 11 a.m. - noon EDT
• Location: Online via Adobe Connect
• CPE Credit: Participants can earn 1 CPE credit for attending this
• Note: Audio is through Adobe Connect; there is no external dial-
• Closed captioning (English only) will be available during this
training event. Previously recorded webinars are available on the
CISA YouTube Channel for playback in other languages, if
If you require a reasonable accommodation to fully participate in this virtual event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least five business days prior to the training with the type of support you need.