Formed in 2007 and reaffirmed by the Department of Homeland Security in the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP) 2013: Partnering for Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience, the State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial Government Coordinating Council (SLTTGCC) serves as a flagship Council leveraging the expertise of these officials to bring the state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) governments’ perspective into the national critical infrastructure planning process.
The primary functions of the SLTTGCC include:
- Advancing critical infrastructure issues, approaches, and best practices at the SLTT and regional levels.
- Sharing information on critical infrastructure issues among and between SLTT colleagues.
- Submitting policy recommendations to the Federal government on national plans, policies, and programs.
- Collaborating with other members of the NIPP Sector Partnership to share common ideas and concerns and work together on solutions.
The Council maintains a membership of 29 state, local, tribal, and territorial leaders who have critical infrastructure security and resilience expertise and experience. For information on how to be considered for membership, interested parties should email the SLTTGCC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SLTTGCC is led by the Executive Committee, consisting of the Chair, Vice-Chair, and the Chairs of each working group.
- Chair – Arturo Mendez, Security Analyst – Critical Infrastructure Protection, The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, Office of the Chief Security Officer
- Vice Chair – Mark Scott, Critical Infrastructure Security Specialist, National Capital Region Threat Intelligence Consortium, DC Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency
Executive Committee/Working Group Chairs
Cybersecurity Working Group
- Erik Avakian, Chief Information Security Officer, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Information Sharing Working Group
- Mark Dubina, Vice President of Security, Tampa Port Authority
Infrastructure Identification and Prioritization Working Group
- Matt Beaudry, Section Manager, Utah Public-Private Partnership
Partner Engagement Working Group
- Jim Battese, Director of Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, Miami Tribe of Oklahoma
Policy and Planning Working Group
- Misty Robinson, Senior Public Health Preparedness Planner, City of Las Vegas
Regional Initiatives Working Group
- Debra Winsor, Deputy Director, Seattle Police Department, Washington State Fusion Center
Tools, Resources and Training Working Group
- Paul Dean, Chief of Police/Assistant Vice President for Public Safety and Risk Management, University of New Hampshire
Grants Working Group
- Mike George, Senior Strategic Planner, State of Texas
- SLTTGCC Sector-Specific Plan Annex
- SLTTGCC Compendium of Cyber Resources
- Council Charter and Membership
- Council Working Groups
For questions or assistance, please email email@example.com.