- Serving as the keynote speaker for the Cipher Brief Cybersecurity Summit, CISA Acting Director Brandon Wales joined Suzanne Kelly, Cipher Brief CEO & Publisher, to discuss CISA’s critical role as the nation’s risk management agency. The keynote delved into where our mission is heading, including our campaign to reduce the risk of ransomware.
- CISA Acting Director Brandon Wales joined McCrary Institute Director Frank Cilluffo for a discussion about our strategy to reduce the risk of ransomware across the nation.
- The Biden-Harris administration has made cybersecurity a top priority. During a virtual event hosted by RSA Conference, Homeland Security Secretary, Alejandro N. Mayorkas, outlined his vision for cybersecurity resilience that included key details to a 60-day Ransomware Sprint to fight against this threat. The Secretary was joined by the Girl Scouts’ Interim CEO, Judith Batty for a fireside chat moderated by Dr. Chutima Boonthum-Denecke from Hampton University’s Computer Science Department.
- CISA webinar, Women Leaders in Cybersecurity, is an interactive discussion on latest cybersecurity trends, including the rise of ransomware, cybersecurity policy developments, and the important role women play within the security community. The Founder and Executive Director of Black Girls in Cyber, Talya Parker, gives a featured a Ted Talk, and Associate Director for CISA, Alexis K. Wales, moderated a roundtable discussion that included:
Val Cofield, Deputy Assistant Director, Cybersecurity Division, FBI;
Megan Stifel, Executive Director, Americas, Global Cyber Alliance;
Jeanette Manfra, Director, Security and Compliance, Google Cloud; and
Moira Bergin, Subcommittee Director, Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Innovation Committee on Homeland Security.
- Co-hosted by CISA and the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA), this webinar, moderated by Kelvin Coleman, Executive Director, NCSA, features a discussion with Bridgette Walsh, CISA Acting Deputy Assistant Director, Stakeholder Engagement, and Ryan Kalember, Executive Vice President, Proofpoint, Inc. The panel focuses on the evolving K-12 ransomware threat landscape, some common attack vectors, and resources available to our schools to prevent, respond to, and recover from a ransomware incident.
- Alaina Clark, Assistant Director for Stakeholder Engagement, CISA, joins a panel that discusses how cybercriminals exploit vulnerabilities to conduct a ransomware attack, and industry best practices and resources that can strengthen organizational defenses. The panel also explores ways to detect and prioritize the highest-risk vulnerabilities on your most critical assets, making it much harder for attackers to infect your organization with ransomware. Moderated by Kevin Flynn, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Tenable, the expert panel includes Errol Weiss, Chief Security Officer, Health ISAC (H-ISAC); Sam Farnan, Intelligence Analyst, Multi-State ISAC (MS-ISAC), and Valecia Stocchetti, Senior Cybersecurity Engineer, Center for Internet Security (CIS).
- Cyber.org empowers educators to teach cyber confidently, resulting in students with the skills and passion needed to succeed in the cyber workforce. The K-12 cyber education program includes age-appropriate content that aligns with state standards for education in 25 states.
- Moderator Rex Booth, DHS CISA, guides a panel discussion focusing on the federal law enforcement perspective regarding Ransomware. The panel, from Day 1 of the 3rd Annual National Cybersecurity Summit from September 2020, features experts Jonathan Holmes, FBI; Jason Conboy, DHS Homeland Security Investigations (HSI); and Mike Moran, U.S. Secret Service
- Using the CDM Agency Dashboard to Combat WannaCry Ransomware
This 15-minute video explains how a Federal Agency can use the CDM Agency dashboard to identify and mitigate system vulnerabilities that are exploited by the WannaCry Ransomware malware. The video demonstrates tasks that can be carried out in the CDM Agency dashboard to manage risks to agency systems and information that might be otherwise taken advantage of by this negative threat.
- Vulnerability Management Using Drupal
The 10-minute video describes how the CDM program can be used to identify and remediate cybersecurity risks through vulnerability management using the example of Drupal Security Alerts.
- How to Address the Threat of Ransomware Attacks
Topics covered: What is Ransomware? How it works? What are the signs of infection? What can you do?
Incident Response Training Series
- Ransomware attacks hit a new target every 14 seconds: shutting down digital operations, stealing information, and exploiting businesses, essential services, and individuals alike. “Don’t Wake Up to a Ransomware Attack” provides essential knowledge to prepare you and your organization to prevent, mitigate, and respond to the ever-growing threat of ransomware attacks. This course is specifically designed to be accessible to a non-technical audience including managers and business leaders, as well as provide an organizational perspective and strategic overview useful to technical specialists.
We recently updated our ransomware product survey and we would welcome your anonymous feedback.