The following Security Tips describe and offer advice about common security issues for non-technical computer users.
- Protecting Against Ransomware
- A US-CERT security tip that answers many of the initial questions that organizations have regarding preparing for, preventing, and responding to ransomware attacks.
- Good Security Habits
- A US-CERT security tip that highlights some simple habits you can adopt that, if performed consistently, may dramatically reduce the chances that the information on your computer will be lost or corrupted.
- Understanding Patches and Software Updates
- A US-CERT security tip that provides an overview on patches and software updates, as well as an explanation on the difference between manual and automatic updates, a definition of end-of-life software, and best practices for updating your software.
- Using Caution with Email Attachments
- A US-CERT security tip that answers questions regarding email attachments and provides tips to protect yourself and others in your address book.