The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is leading a ransomware awareness campaign, Reduce the Risk of Ransomware, with information for organizations and individuals to use. Also, CISA is emphasizing nine smart cyber habits that individuals and organizations should implement to avoid falling victim to ransomware.
- Ransomware Awareness Campaign Fact Sheet
- Provides an overview of the Reduce the Risk of Ransomware campaign.
- Ransomware Campaign Toolkit
- These toolkit resources are designed to help partner organizations as well as state, local, tribal and territorial (SLTT) officials bring awareness to ransomware risks and how to mitigate them. Download and share these outreach graphics to help spread awareness.
Download and share these outreach graphics to help spread awareness. This page will be updated every two weeks with new graphics to support specific themes.
The Reduce the Risk of Ransomware Campaign themes will follow the below schedule:
- January 21 - February 3: Keep Calm and Patch On
- February 4 - 17: Backing Up is Your Best Bet
- February 18 - March 3: Suspect Deceit? Hit Delete
- March 4 - 17: Always Authenticate
- March 18 - 31: Prepare and Practice Your Plan
- April 1 - 14: Your Data Will Be Fine If It's Stored Offline
- April 15 - 28: Secure Your Server Message Block (SMB)
- April 29 - May 12: Paying Ransom Doesn't Pay Off
- May 13 - 30: Ransomware Rebuild and Recovery Recommendations
- June 7 - 21: Good Cyber Hygiene Habits Keep Your Network Healthy