The Cyber Safety Review Board was established pursuant to President Biden’s Executive Order (EO) 14028 on ‘Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity'. The Board serves a deliberate function to review major cyber events and make concrete recommendations that would drive improvements within the private and public sectors. The Board’s construction is a unique and valuable collaboration of government and private sector members, and provides a direct path to the Secretary of Homeland Security and the President to ensure the recommendations are addressed and implemented, as appropriate. As a uniquely constituted advisory body, the Board will focus on learning lessons and sharing them with those that need them to enable advances in national cybersecurity.
- Download the Cyber Safety Review Board Charter(.pdf, 199kb)
Cyber Safety Review Board Members
The CSRB is composed of 15 highly esteemed cybersecurity leaders from the federal government and the private sector.
- Robert Silvers, Under Secretary for Policy, Department of Homeland Security (Chair)
- Heather Adkins, Senior Director, Security Engineering, Google (Deputy Chair)
- Dmitri Alperovitch, Co-Founder and Chairman, Silverado Policy Accelerator and Co-Founder and former CTO of CrowdStrike, Inc.
- John Carlin, Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General, Department of Justice
- Chris DeRusha, Federal Chief Information Security Officer, Office of Management and Budget
- Chris Inglis, National Cyber Director, Office of the National Cyber Director
- Rob Joyce, Director of Cybersecurity, National Security Agency
- Katie Moussouris, Founder and CEO, Luta Security
- David Mussington, Executive Assistant Director for Infrastructure Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- Chris Novak, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Verizon Threat Research Advisory Center
- Tony Sager, Senior Vice President and Chief Evangelist, Center for Internet Security
- John Sherman, Chief Information Officer, Department of Defense
- Bryan Vorndran, Assistant Director, Cyber Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Kemba Walden, Assistant General Counsel, Digital Crimes Unit, Microsoft
- Wendi Whitmore, Senior Vice President, Unit 42, Palo Alto Networks
News and Media
To request additional information on the CSRB, please email CyberSafetyReviewBoard@cisa.dhs.gov.