ICT SCRM Task Force in Action
In response to requirements in E.O. 13873, the ICT SCRM Task Force worked with industry and government partners to:
- Develop a standardized taxonomy of ICT elements (e.g., hardware, software, and services)
- Perform criticality assessments on these ICT elements with appropriate stakeholder input
- Assess the national security risks stemming from vulnerabilities in ICT hardware, software, and services including components enabling 5G communications.
These resources are provided "as is" for informational purposes only. The assessment methodology can be used as an input to a risk assessment, but, by itself, is not sufficient for a comprehensive review of risk.
- Paper on E.O. 13873 Response: Methodology for Assessing the Most Critical ICT and Services
- Frequently Asked Questions: DHS's ICT Methodology in Support of E.O. 13873
Additionally, as new risks emerge—such as the impact of the COVID-19 global pandemic on the globalized model of supply chains—the Task Force will develop new resources (such as the Lessons Learned During The Covid-19 Pandemic Analysis Report) and assist with identifying new priorities and developing recommendations that businesses, organizations, and governments may adopt to increase the resilience of their supply chains, and as a result, also help strengthen national security, economic security, and public health and safety.