The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's (CISA's) Cybersecurity Division (CSD) works collaboratively with public, private, and international entities to improve the cybersecurity posture for the Federal Civilian Executive Branch (FCEB) and other partners by facilitating the integration of various cybersecurity technologies, products, and services. The mission of the Capability Delivery Subdivision (CD) is to acquire, engineer, and provide life cycle support for the capabilities needed to fulfill CSD's mission. CD is responsible for the Level 1 cybersecurity program, the National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS).
For questions concerning CD or NCPS, please contact the NCPS Program Office.
CD’s mission is to engineer, acquire, integrate, and deliver timely, operationally meaningful, and resilient cyber mission capabilities for cyber operators and analysts to secure and defend the nation’s cyber space. To meet that mission need, CD designs, develops, deploys, and sustains NCPS, which provides intrusion detection, analytics, information sharing, and intrusion prevention capabilities that combat and mitigate cyber threats to FCEB information and networks. CD is also beginning the evolution of the NCPS Program to deliver integrated infrastructure and analytical capabilities that enable efficient and effective cross-CSD mission collaboration.
CD conducts the following activities.
- Performs strategic planning for the NCPS Program, as well as any other initiatives that relate to the scope of CD's mission
- Investigates technologies, processes, concepts, end items, or system demonstrations, based on cyber needs, used to support the computer network defense missions of NCPS
- Establishes the future technical road map for the NCPS Program
- Develops capabilities that support CSD's mission at multiple levels using technology demonstration, integration of existing solutions, and development of new tactics to employ solutions
- Harnesses current and emerging technologies to provide immediate solutions to the urgent challenges of CSD’s mission
- Serves as the Program Management Office for the NCPS Program
- Operates and maintains NCPS