CISA Launches “Cyber Essentials” for Small Businesses and Small SLTT Governments
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has launched Cyber Essentials, an effort to assist small organizations in understanding and addressing cybersecurity risks. Developed in partnership with small businesses and small state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) governments, Cyber Essentials aims to equip these organizations with basic steps and resources to improve their cybersecurity resilience.
CISA’s Fall 2019 Cyber Essentials infographic includes a list of six actions organizations can take to reduce cyber risks:
- Drive cybersecurity strategy, investment, and culture;
- Develop security awareness and vigilance;
- Protect critical assets and applications;
- Ensure only those who belong on your digital workplace have access;
- Make backups and avoid the loss of information critical to operations; and
- Limit damage and quicken restoration of normal operations.
CISA encourages small organizations to review CISA’s Cyber Essentials page to learn more about improving their cybersecurity resilience.