Using the CISA Incident Response Playbook at Your Organization (IR111)
CISA is proud to offer the cybersecurity awareness webinar, Introduction to Using the CISA Incident Response Playbook at Your Organization (IR111), onThursday, September 14, 2023, from 11 a.m. to noon EDT. We are excited to share this information with stakeholders across the federal enterprise and nationally.
The target audience for this webinar is non-technical and beginning incident responders.
Produced in accordance with Executive Order 14028, “Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity," CISA released the Federal Government Cybersecurity Incident and Vulnerability Response Playbooks which provide federal civilian agencies with a standard set of procedures to respond to vulnerabilities and incidents impacting Federal Civilian Executive Branch networks. This course specifically introduces students to the Incident Response Playbook that describes the process Federal Civilian Executive Branch (FCEB) agencies should follow for confirmed malicious cyber activity for which a major incident has been declared or not yet been reasonably ruled out. While the playbooks are intended for federal agencies, CISA encourages public and private sector partners to review the playbooks to help inform their own incident response practices.
This webinar includes the following information and more:
- Key Guidance for organizations: Introduce the CISA Incident (IR) Response Playbook with an overview of the IR phases, key resources, standardizing shared practices, and the Incident Response Checklist. Learn about roles, responsibilities, and the importance of communication during an incident response.
- Lessons Learned: This course also highlights lessons learned and common missteps when implementing an IR Playbook.
- Knowledge check: The course concludes with a brief knowledge check section to reinforce key concepts and takeaways.
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Time: 11 a.m. - noon EDT
- Location: Online via WebEx
- CPE Credit: Participants can earn 1 CPE credit for attending this course.
- Note: Audio is through WebEx; there is no external dial-in. Closed captioning (English only) will be available during this training event. Previously recorded webinars are available on the CISA YouTube channel for playback in other languages, if required.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to fully participate in this virtual event, please contact email@example.com at least five business days prior to the training with the type of support you need.