Delta Industrial Automation DIALink
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 9.8
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/low attack complexity
- Vendor: Delta Electronics
- Equipment: Delta Industrial Automation DIALink
- Vulnerability: Use of Hard-coded Cryptographic Key
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could result in the exposure of sensitive data.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of the DIALink Industrial Automation server are affected:
- Delta Industrial Automation DIALink: Version 188.8.131.52 and prior.
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
The affected product is vulnerable to use of a hard-coded cryptographic key, which could allow an attacker to decrypt sensitive data and compromise the machine.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Taiwan
Y4er working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative reported this vulnerability to CISA
Mitigation measures have been added in DIALink v184.108.40.206. Delta Electronics recommends users contact Delta Electronics customer service or a Delta Electronics representative for this release, as it will not be released publicly.
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to minimize the risk of exploitation of this vulnerability these vulnerabilities. Specifically, users should:
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, and ensure they are not accessible from the Internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls and isolate them from business networks.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), recognizing VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also recognize VPN is only as secure as its connected devices.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics. Several CISA products detailing cyber defense best practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics in the technical information paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing suspected malicious activity should follow established internal procedures and report findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability.