Measuresoft ScadaPro Server
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 7.8
- ATTENTION: Low attack complexity
- Vendor: Measuresoft
- Equipment: ScadaPro Server
- Vulnerability: Out-of-bounds Write
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow arbitrary code execution.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following versions of ScadaPro Server, a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system, are affected:
- ScadaPro Server: Versions prior to 184.108.40.206
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
The affected product uses an unmaintained ActiveX control, which may allow an out-of-bounds write condition while processing a specific project file.
CVE-2022-2892 has been assigned to this vulnerability. A CVSS v3 base score of 7.8 has been assigned; the CVSS vector string is (AV:L/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H).
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Energy, Critical Manufacturing
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Ireland
rgod working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative reported this vulnerability to CISA.
Measuresoft released version 220.127.116.11.
CISA also recommends users take the following measures to protect themselves from social engineering attacks:
- Only use project files from trusted sources.
- Do not click web links or open attachments in unsolicited email messages.
- Refer to Recognizing and Avoiding Email Scams for more information on avoiding email scams.
- Refer to Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks for more information on social engineering attacks.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics. Several CISA products detailing cyber defense best practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics in the technical information paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability. This vulnerability is not exploitable remotely