Priva TopControl Suite
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CVSS v3 7.5
- ATTENTION: Exploitable remotely/low attack complexity
- Vendor: Priva
- Equipment: TopControl Suite
- Vulnerability: Use of Password Hash with Insufficient Computational Effort
2. RISK EVALUATION
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could allow an attacker to obtain login credentials and access the product remotely.
3. TECHNICAL DETAILS
3.1 AFFECTED PRODUCTS
The following components of Priva TopControl Suite are affected:
- Bacnet: All versions prior to 22.214.171.124
- Blue ID: All versions prior to 126.96.36.199
- Compass: All versions prior to 188.8.131.52
- Connect: All versions prior to 184.108.40.206
- TPC: All versions prior to 220.127.116.11
3.2 VULNERABILITY OVERVIEW
Priva TopControl Suite versions up to 18.104.22.168 are vulnerable to secure shell (SSH) credentials being deciphered. An attacker could calculate the login credentials for the Priva product and login remotely.
- CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTORS: Energy
- COUNTRIES/AREAS DEPLOYED: Worldwide
- COMPANY HEADQUARTERS LOCATION: Netherlands
NorthWave reported this vulnerability to DIVD.
Priva recommends users to contact their support team to upgrade to TopControl Suite version 22.214.171.124 or later.
CISA recommends users take defensive measures to minimize the risk of exploitation of this vulnerability. Specifically, users should:
- Minimize network exposure for all control system devices and/or systems, and ensure they are not accessible from the Internet.
- Locate control system networks and remote devices behind firewalls and isolate them from business networks.
- When remote access is required, use secure methods, such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), recognizing VPNs may have vulnerabilities and should be updated to the most current version available. Also recognize VPN is only as secure as its connected devices.
CISA reminds organizations to perform proper impact analysis and risk assessment prior to deploying defensive measures.
CISA also provides a section for control systems security recommended practices on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics. Several CISA products detailing cyber defense best practices are available for reading and download, including Improving Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity with Defense-in-Depth Strategies.
Additional mitigation guidance and recommended practices are publicly available on the ICS webpage at cisa.gov/ics in the technical information paper, ICS-TIP-12-146-01B--Targeted Cyber Intrusion Detection and Mitigation Strategies.
Organizations observing suspected malicious activity should follow established internal procedures and report findings to CISA for tracking and correlation against other incidents.
No known public exploits specifically target this vulnerability.