Reporting Employee and Contractor Misconduct
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) values the input we receive from DHS employees, contractors, and members of the public, and welcomes your comments and concerns regarding our employees and contract staff. Complaints are handled and investigated by DHS CISA Office of Compliance and Security or the DHS Office of the Inspector General (DHS-OIG). Upon receipt of a complaint or allegation, CISA or DHS-OIG will impartially investigate complaints involving its employees and contractors. Complaints can be anonymous or made on behalf of other individuals.
COMPLAINTS CAN BE ANONYMOUS OR MADE ON BEHALF OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS
Types of Allegations Covered
- Criminal misconduct by or against a DHS employee or contractor.
- Employee or contractor misconduct, or abuse of authority determined to have a potential negative impact on mission performance, public perception, or the execution of the DHS mission.
- Fraud by employees, contractors, or other individuals/entities engaged in the operation of DHS programs or operations.
- Abuses of civil rights or civil liberties and profiling on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion, or based on discrimination.
- Management problems that may represent a serious danger to public health and safety.
- Lack of access to the facility for an individual with a disability.
- Language access issues.
Reporting an Allegation
To help DHS gather the facts involved as accurately as possible, please include the following information in your correspondence:
- Your Full Name*
- Your Email Address*
- Your Mailing Address, including City, State and Zip Code*
- Your Telephone Number*
- Location of the Incident
- Date and Time of Incident
- Employee(s) Name (if known)
- Witnesses (if known)
- Detailed description of the incident and your concerns
*Individuals wishing to remain anonymous may omit this information.
To report an allegation, please refer to the information below to contact the DHS Office of the Inspector General or NPPD Office of Compliance and Security online or by phone, fax, or mail.