Pathways Recent Graduates
Have you recently graduated college? Congrats! Starting your career with CISA means being part of the team focused on securing the nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to our economy, public health and safety, and national security.
CISA provides developmental experiences intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to recent graduates from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Upon acceptance into the program, recent graduates are placed in a dynamic, developmental program for one year. Recent graduates who perform successfully and complete all program requirements may be converted to a permanent position.
To be eligible, you must apply within two years of your degree or certificate completion OR must be graduating within 9 months of the announcement closing date. If you are a veteran and were unable to apply to recent graduate positions within two years of your graduation date due to your military service obligation, you may have up to six years after graduation to apply.
- Training and Development
- Mentorship opportunities throughout the one-year program.
- Individual Development Plan to create and track recent graduates' career planning, professional development, and training activities.
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training related to the career field of the position.
- Positions offer opportunities for career advancement.
- Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Minimum age is 16. There is no maximum age restriction to apply.
- Ability to pass a background investigation.
- Transcripts are required. Unofficial transcripts are accepted.
- Recent graduates must have completed a qualifying associate's, bachelor's, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the past two years.
- Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree (due to military service obligation) can apply up to six years after degree completion.
- How To Apply
Applications are accepted through individual announcements that are posted on USAJOBS. Announcements are posted as new opportunities arise.
Click "apply" on the job announcement, attach relevant documents, answer a few questions, and click submit. You may also receive an automated email (check your junk box!) with instructions to submit a longer USAHire Assessment.
To receive email notifications when new CISA positions are announced, set up a "saved search" with keyword "Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."
Still have questions about our internship opportunities? We’re here to help! Contact our team of recruiters who are happy to give you further guidance.
- Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Events: CISA Hiring & Career Events
- Stay Connected: Handshake, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
Sign up to receive career news and updates directly to your email.