The Chemical Security Summit, hosted by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in collaboration with the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (SCC), is the signature industry event for chemical representatives across the chemical and interconnected sectors—including energy, communications, transportation, and water—to learn, share perspectives, and engage in dialogue. Securing chemicals in an evolving threat environment requires cross collaboration between facility owners and operators, industry, law enforcement, community members, and all levels of government.
ANNOUNCEMENT: CISA has published select presentations from the 2021 Chemical Security Seminars hosted in December 2021. Please click the "Summit Presentations" header below to view presentations from the 2021 Seminars and other past events.
2021 Chemical Security Seminars
The virtual 2021 Chemical Security Seminars—held on December 1, 8, and 15, 2021, in lieu of the in-person Chemical Security Summit—are concluded. The Seminars featured important chemical security information for industry organizations, facility owners and operators, government officials, first responders, and law enforcement. Sessions discussed and shared the latest in chemical security best practices, including:
- The state of chemical security—updates for the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program and CISA's new, completely voluntary chemical security initiative, ChemLock
- CISA leadership's priorities and vision
- Case studies from industry representatives
- A deep dive into the CFATS Risk-Based Performance Standards (RBPS) and best practices
- Chemical threat and economic espionage briefings
- The convergence of cyber and physical security
- How to conduct a chemical security exercise
- And more!
Select presentations from the 2021 Chemical Security Seminars have been published.
View presentations from some of the most recent Chemical Security Summits:
- 2021 Seminar Presentations
- 2020 Seminar Presentations
- 2019 Summit Presentations
- 2017 Summit Presentations
- 2016 Summit Presentations
- 2015 Summit Presentations
For questions, please email ChemicalSummitReg@hq.dhs.gov.