The Chemical Security Summit, cosponsored by CISA and the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (SCC), is the signature industry event for chemical representatives across the chemical and interconnected sectors—including energy, communications, transportation, and water—to learn, share perspectives, and engage in dialogue. Securing chemicals in an evolving threat environment requires cross collaboration between facility owners and operators, industry, law enforcement, community members, and all levels of government.
Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, the in-person 2020 Chemical Security Summit originally planned for July 2020 is being postponed. CISA is currently developing a plan for an alternative event and will release details and updates as soon as possible.
2019 Summit Highlights
The 12th Chemical Sector Security Summit—held July 16-18, 2019, in New Orleans, Louisiana—was a huge success. This Summit brought industry owners and operators, CISA leadership, government officials, first responders, and law enforcement both in person and via webcast to discuss and share the latest in chemical security best practices.
Highlights from this Summit included:
- Keynote addresses from CISA leadership—Director Christopher Krebs and Assistant Director for Infrastructure Security Brian Harrell
- Demo of the CFATS Personnel Surety Program application and CFATS regulatory updates
- CISA Regional Service Delivery Model (the delivery of resources to better support and engage critical infrastructure stakeholders)
- Risk mitigation for bulk transit, transfer, and storage of especially hazardous cargo
- International session on the global chemical supply chain
- Air domain awareness of unmanned aircraft systems
- Industrial control systems vulnerabilities
- Theft and diversion risk management
- Individual appointments and speed meetings with government and chemical security experts
View presentations from some of the most recent Chemical Security Summits:
- 2019 Summit Presentations
- 2017 Summit Presentations
- 2016 Summit Presentations
- 2015 Summit Presentations
- 2014 Summit Presentations
- 2013 Summit Presentations
For questions regarding the Summit, please email ChemicalSummitReg@hq.dhs.gov.