The Chemical Security Summit, hosted by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in collaboration with the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (SCC), is the signature industry event for chemical representatives across the chemical and interconnected sectors—including energy, communications, transportation, and water—to learn, share perspectives, and engage in dialogue. Securing chemicals in an evolving threat environment requires cross collaboration between facility owners and operators, industry, law enforcement, community members, and all levels of government.
CISA continues to monitor the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic and are in discussions with the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council about options for the 2021 Chemical Security Summit. We will provide more information regarding planning for the Chemical Security Summit in the coming months.
2020 Chemical Security Seminars
The virtual 2020 Chemical Security Seminars—held on December 2, 9, and 16, 2020—featured important chemical security information for industry organizations, facility owners and operators, government officials, first responders, and law enforcement. Sessions discussed and shared the latest in chemical security best practices, including:
- The state of chemical security—updates for the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program and ongoing nonregulatory chemical security efforts
- A demonstration of the CFATS Personnel Surety Program application
- A deep dive into the 18 CFATS Risk-Based Performance Standards (RBPS) and best practices
- A chemical threat briefing
- Managing chemical security during natural disasters: hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and pandemics
- Challenges encountered with chemical security during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Growing a global culture of chemical security
- The convergence of cyber and physical security
View the agenda for the 2020 Chemical Security Seminars. Select presentations from the Seminars will be posted soon.
View presentations from some of the most recent Chemical Security Summits:
- 2020 Seminar Presentations
- 2019 Summit Presentations
- 2017 Summit Presentations
- 2016 Summit Presentations
- 2015 Summit Presentations
- 2014 Summit Presentations
- 2013 Summit Presentations
For questions, please email ChemicalSummitReg@hq.dhs.gov.