CISA offers a variety of publications focused on Commercial Facilities topics specifically for stakeholders and owner operators.
The Commercial Facilities Sector-Specific Plan, developed through a coordinated effort from both public and private sector partners, sets the strategic direction for voluntary, collaborative efforts to improve security and resilience in the sector and details how the 2013 National Infrastructure Protection Plan's risk management framework is implemented within the context of the unique characteristics and risk landscape of the sector.
Evacuation Planning Guides for Stadiums and Major Events
The Evacuation Planning Guide for Stadiums assists stadium owners and operators with preparing evacuation plans and helping to determine when and how to evacuate, shelter-in-place, or relocate stadium spectators and participants.
The Evacuation Planning Guide for Stadiums also includes a template that can be used to create a plan that will incorporate the unique policies and procedures of State and local governments, surrounding communities, and specific stadium characteristics.
Protective Measures Guides
These guides assist owners and operators in planning and managing security at their facilities. They provide an overview of threat, vulnerability, and protective measures and offer suggestions for successful planning, organizing, coordinating, communicating, operating, and training activities that contribute to a safe environment for guests and employees.
Current guides include:
- Public Venue Security Screening Guide
- Protective Measures Guide for U.S. Sports Leagues (FOUO)
- Protective Measures Guide for the U.S. Lodging Industry (FOUO)
- Protective Measures Guide for Mountain Resorts (FOUO)
- Protective Measures Guide for Outdoor Venues (FOUO)
- Public Venue Bag Search Procedures Guide
- Public Venues Credentialing Guide. The Public Venues Credentialing Guide offers best practices to stakeholders for developing and implementing credentialing procedures at public venues hosting a variety of events, including sporting events, concerts, fairs and family festivals, conventions, theme parks, and other events or functions where American’s gather.
To obtain these For Official Use Only (FOUO) designated documents, go to the Commercial Facilities site on the Homeland Security Information Network - Critical Infrastructure.
Pandemic Influenza Planning Materials
Public assembly venue owners and operators use these pandemic influenza planning documents to enhance pandemic operational response planning. The guide provides key steps and activities for managers of public assembly venues to consider when operating their facilities during pandemic situations. The worksheet displays the status of operational activities that venues should use to respond to the influenza's impact on venues and surrounding areas. A Checklist outlines the various activities that should be considered by public assembly venues when developing a pandemic response plan.
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness, Response, and Recovery Guide
- Pandemic Influenza Operational Review Worksheet
- Business Pandemic Planning Checklist
Commercial Facilities Sector Cybersecurity Framework Implementation Guidance
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) released the voluntary Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (Framework) in February 2014 to provide a common language that critical infrastructure organizations can use to assess and manage their cybersecurity risk. The Framework enables an organization—regardless of its sector, size, degree of risk, or cybersecurity sophistication—to apply the principles and effective practices of cyber risk management to improve the security and resilience of its critical infrastructure.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), as the Sector Risk Management Agency (SRMA), worked with the Commercial Facilities Sector Coordinating Council (SCC) and Government Coordinating Council (GCC) to develop the Commercial Facilities Sector Cybersecurity Framework Implementation Guidance specifically for Commercial Facilities Sector owners and operators. This Implementation Guidance provides Commercial Facilities Sector organizations with:
- Background on the Framework terminology, concepts, and benefits of its use.
- A mapping of existing cybersecurity tools and resources used in the Commercial Facilities Sector that can support Framework implementation.
- Detailed Framework implementation steps tailored for Commercial Facilities Sector owners and operators.
Introduction to Commercial Facilities Risk Management Agency
CISA offers many resources to help owners and operators manage risks, improve security, and aid the implementation and execution of protective and response measures across the Commercial Facilities Sector. This printer-friendly fact sheet lists a sampling of sector collaboration mechanisms, resources, and training materials.