The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security hosts a one-day Active Shooter Workshop to enhance awareness of and response to an active shooter event by:
- Educating participants on the history of active shooter events.
- Describing common behavior, conditions, and situations associated with active shooters.
- Fostering communication between infrastructure owners and operators and local emergency response teams—this includes discussions on interoperability, communications protocols, and best practices for planning, preparedness, and response.
Building Emergency Planning Capabilities
The event will describe how to incorporate key elements of successful incident management into planning efforts, such as:
- Communicating with and accounting for employees.
- Building familiarity with local responders and knowing their capabilities.
- Coordinating with first responders before, during, and after an incident.
- Integrating public affairs into incident management.
Who Should Participate
- Educational facility representatives
- Corporate and facility security professionals from the private and public sectors
- Supervisory first responders
- Homeland security representatives