Active shooter incidents are often unpredictable and evolve quickly. In the midst of the chaos, anyone can play an integral role in mitigating the impacts of an active shooter incident. DHS aims to enhance preparedness through a "whole community" approach by providing products, tools, and resources to help you prepare for and respond to an active shooter incident. To access the most applicable information, please select one of the provided categories.
- First Responder
- Human Resources or Security Professional
- Private Citizen
- Active Shooter Workshop Participant
In addition, you can find the active shooter resources translated into other common languages on the Translated Active Shooter Resources webpage.
- Download the printer-friendly Active Shooter Preparedness fact sheet
- To contact the active shooter preparedness team or to get more information on Active Shooter Preparedness Workshops, please send an email to ASworkshop@hq.dhs.gov.
- In case of an emergency, or to report suspicious activity or events, call 9-1-1 or contact your local law enforcement.