Do you want to assist in the development of the Nation's cyber and physical infrastructure advisors workforce? Then we want you!
If you are a student interested in the world of Human Resources, then CISA is THE place where you want to work. CISA works with industry and government partners to defend against today’s threats and collaborating to build a more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.
CISA is hiring current students enrolled in accredited educational institutions from undergraduate to graduate level for paid Human Resources internships. As a CISA Human Resources Student Trainee, you will grow your skills and enhance your career potential as you work closely with HR specialists on mission-focused projects, while learning in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
You will have the opportunity to work in a variety of HR specialties to include: Front Office Support and Management for the HR Leadership team, Policy and Accountability, Professional Development and Training, Employee and Labor Relations, Analytics and Information Systems, Executive Resources, Employee Engagement, Workforce Planning and Talent Management, Human Capital Servicing Teams (hiring), Classification, Pay/Leave Compensation, Retirement and Benefits, as well as Diversity and Inclusion. You will partake in a variety of robust and rich experiences, such as exposure to human resources activities outside your immediate assignments, staffing actions in support of expanding and transforming the workforce, traveling to job fairs to participate in recruitment activities, talent acquisition through virtual hiring fairs, development of HR-related policies and procedures, classification of Position Descriptions across the agency, participation in benefits fairs, and gain hands-on staffing experience from seasoned professionals
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today, if your degree is (or will be) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or Marketing. Join us and #becomeaCISAzen!
HR Intern Projects
CISA's HR interns have worked on exciting and substantial projects such as:
- Assisted with implementation and execution of new HR systems
- Created an HR digital resource library
- Authored articles for internal HR newsletter
- Created marketing recruitment materials
- Processed staffing actions in support of expanding and transforming workforce
- Traveled to job fairs to participate in recruitment activities
- Assisted with talent acquisition through virtual hiring fairs
- Accepted, organized, and reviewed resumes for vacant positions across the agency
- Drafted job offers and maintained hiring case files
- Developed spreadsheets, and tracked and analyzed recruitment and hiring related metrics
- Developed HR-related policies and procedures
- Wrote and classified Position Descriptions across the agency
- Participated in benefits fairs
- Created Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Employee Relations regarding disciplinary, adverse, and performance-based actions
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through individual internship announcements that are posted twice a year (Spring and Fall) on USAJOBs.
Click "apply" on the job announcement, attach your relevant documents, answer a few questions, and click submit. Once you apply, you may also receive an automated email (check your junk box!) with instructions to submit a longer USAHire Assessment.
To receive email notifications when new CISA positions are announced, set up a “saved search” with keyword “Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.”