CISA Announces New Release of Logging Made Easy
WASHINGTON – The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) announces a new release of Logging Made Easy, a Windows-based, free and open log management solution designed to help organizations more effectively use available security data to detect and address cyber threats.
In April 2023, CISA assumed Logging Made Easy from the United Kingdom’s National Cyber Security Centre (UK-NCSC). Following a period of transition and enhancement, it is now available with step-by-step installation instructions for both legacy and new users.
“Logging is critical for proactive monitoring of threats and retroactive investigation and remediation in the event of an incident. Logging Made Easy is a tested and reliable solution that can help organizations with limited resources needing a centralized logging capability,” said Chad Poland, Product Manager for Cyber Shared Services. “CISA is excited to offer this shared service capability to U.S. and international organizations that can help them mitigate risk and identify vulnerabilities.”
Specific features of Logging Made Easy include:
- Availability to all user groups regardless of size, scope or sector.
- Self-installation guides to streamline usage and quickly troubleshoot issues.
- Easy integration into most logging and protective monitoring strategies, minimizing disruption to user operations and workflow.
- Event-driven logs to help security professionals isolate and diagnose threats.
- Coding that eliminates most cost barriers for organizations in need of basic logging and monitoring capabilities.
- Prebuilt elastic security detection rules to aid analysts in defending organization assets.
For more information, visit CISA’s new Logging Made Easy webpage.