Lakewood, Colo. It’s that time again! Time to grab new pencils, pack lunches, and build resilient systems as we go back into schools! Across Region 8’s six states, kids from kindergarten to college went back to class in August.
Our Regional Director launched CISA’s 2023 Back to School program in Region 8 from Salt Lake City, during a radio interview with KSL’s Dave and Dujanovic earlier in the month. Since then, our advisory teams across Colorado, Montana, North and South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming have continued talking Back to School, sharing resources including:
- CISA’s Partnering to Safeguard K-12 Organizations from Cybersecurity Threats report
- Our new Cybersecurity for K-12 Education | CISA webpage
- We’re also working to apply Secure by Design principles to the K-12 sector.
- Consistent with the National Cybersecurity Strategy’s direction to shift the burden for cybersecurity onto those most capable,
- CISA wants to ensure that education technology vendors take responsibility for the security outcomes of the customers.
Also back by popular demand is the virtual suite of videos designed specifically for the six states of Region 8. The Region 8 Back-to-School series features six You Tube webinars by our own Region 8 cybersecurity advisors and CISA's School Safety Team, facilitating easy access to the latest security information for school districts, schools, administrators, and teachers:
Kindergarten-12th Grade Institutions
Learn the latest program notes, recommendations and guidance for schools looking to build security and resiliency.
Higher Education Institutions
What colleges and universities can expect from cyber bad actors and best practices for cybersecurity.
An overview of real-life scenarios and how organizations, including schools, can apply lessons learned for improved security.