The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) offers the Wireless Priority Service (WPS), which is designed to provide priority cellular calling capabilities when communications networks are congested. CISA recommends that individuals requesting WPS also request a GETS card. The registration process outlined below will allow you to request both services at the same time.
Most organizations have a single point of contact (POC) who can submit WPS requests online. However, large or geographically dispersed organizations may elect to establish multiple POCs.
- If you already know your organization’s POC, please contact that individual to enroll in WPS and request a GETS card.
- Find out if your organization has a POC.
- Change the POC for your organization.
- Organizations without a POC will need to establish one.
To establish a POC:
- Click on your organization type below and complete the online form (click on “yes” at the Redirection page).
- Once submitted, the Priority Telecommunications Service Center will contact you within five business days to review your request. Supporting documentation may be required.
Once approved, you will receive website login information (by email) within 10 business days. CISA will send you a WPS activation notification via email once the carrier confirms your enrollment. Your GETS card will arrive via U.S. Mail within 10 days.