The Emergency Services Sector Information Sharing Initiative is an ongoing effort to improve current and develop new information sharing mechanisms within the Emergency Services Sector (ESS) and between the federal government and ESS partners. Due to an ever-changing information sharing environment, there is an ongoing need to utilize the most effective and efficient information sharing pathways. Expanded and improved information sharing will increase effectiveness and increase ESS operational capacity.
This initiative's activities include:
- Coordination with Emergency Management and Response-Information Sharing and Analysis Center (EMR-ISAC) for management of the Homeland Security Information Network-Emergency Services (HSIN-ES) portal to increase use and improve quantity and quality of For Official Use Only (FOUO) and Law Enforcement Sensitive (LES) content.
- Coordination with DHS Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate on first responder-related projects and programs.
- Maintain current relationships and develop new relationships with ESS stakeholders for the timely and effective dissemination of information, including:
- Ongoing assessment and identification of ESS-generated information-sharing requirements.
- Direct contact with ESS organizations.
The Emergency Services Sector Information Sharing Initiative aligns with Executive Order 13636 (Sec. 4. Cybersecurity Information Sharing) and with Presidential Policy Directive 21 (Sector Risk Management Agencies Roles and Responsibilities).