As the nation’s risk advisor, CISA brings our partners in industry and the full power of the federal government together to improve American cyber and infrastructure security. The resources below are provided to assist organizations and teleworkers to be secure when working remotely.
Read the NSA & DHS Telework Best Practices
CISA’s updated TIC 3.0 Interim Telework Guidance, released April 8, focuses on remote federal employees connecting to private agency networks and cloud environments in a secure manner.
Additional Telework Resources
- The Office of Personnel Management should be the government's first stop for telework guidance.
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) blog, “Preventing Eavesdropping and Protecting Privacy on Virtual Meetings,” addresses security concerns with virtual meetings.
- The Cyber Readiness Institute has developed a quick guide, “Securing a Remote Workforce” for businesses.
- Finally, the National Cyber Security Alliance has launched a COVID-19 Security Resource Library featuring free and updated information on current scams, cyber threats, remote working, disaster relief, and more.
- The Global Cyber Alliance offers three simple tips for working from home.
- NIST has guidelines on telework and remote access to help organizations mitigate security risks associated with the enterprise technologies used for teleworking.