Mark your calendars for these upcoming webinars:
July 22: How does your agency start to improve its cybersecurity posture? Implement the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
As cyber threats and vulnerabilities grow in complexity and sophistication, the risks for public safety communications systems increases. The SAFECOM Nationwide Survey (SNS) showed that almost half of public safety organizations are not utilizing or adopting existing cybersecurity guidance documents. This webinar identifies actions organizations can take to improve their cyber posture through the implementation of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework. Join the webinar to learn about:
- Effectively implementing the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- Leveraging the NECP to enhance cybersecurity risk management practices
- CISA Central and resources you can use to mitigate cyber risk
Presented in partnership with:
August 19 : Make the most of your organization’s investments: Lifecycle Planning for Emergency Communications.
Public safety organizations rely on complex and often expensive systems to carry out their missions. Communications systems are not one-time investments; rather, system components require maintenance and funding throughout their lifespan. The SNS found that 25 percent of public safety organizations have no strategic planning process or plans in place. And of the organizations that do have a process in place, only 7 percent review their strategic plans annually. In this webinar, we will review real-world examples of how organizations are making the most of their investments by conducting emergency communications lifecycle planning. Join the webinar to learn about:
- Using the NECP to close existing strategic planning gaps
- Navigating the seven phases of the system lifecycle in the Emergency Communications System Lifecycle Planning Guide
- Benefits of incorporating key stakeholders in lifecycle planning activities
- Accounting for new and emerging technologies
September 17: EXERCISE! EXERCISE! EXERCISE! Learn how to turn evaluations into real-world communications improvements.
Effective training and exercise programs bolster emergency professionals’ proficiency with communications equipment, as well as improve their ability to execute policies, plans, and procedures governing the use of communications. The SNS showed strong participation in training and exercise programs, indicating progress in the right direction. However, it also found that very few public safety organizations use communications exercise evaluations to identify and capture gaps and needs. This webinar reviews ways to use evaluations to improve outcomes of emergency communications training and exercises in order to strengthen interoperability and continuity of communications. Join the webinar to learn about:
- Implementing the NECP to close existing training and exercise evaluation gaps
- Using the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program to develop quality exercise evaluation objectives and plans
- Benefits of using third-party evaluators
Presented in partnership with:
FEMA National Exercise Division