Request a Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Presentation
As of July 28, 2023, Congress has allowed the statutory authority for the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program (6 CFR Part 27) to expire.
Therefore, CISA cannot enforce compliance with the CFATS regulations at this time. This means that CISA will not require facilities to report their chemicals of interest or submit any information in CSAT, perform inspections, or provide CFATS compliance assistance, amongst other activities. CISA can no longer require facilities to implement their CFATS Site Security Plan or CFATS Alternative Security Program.
CISA encourages facilities to maintain security measures. CISA’s voluntary ChemLock resources are available on the ChemLock webpages.
If CFATS is reauthorized, CISA will follow up with facilities in the future. To reach us, please contact CFATS@hq.dhs.gov.
To request a CISA representative to speak about the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program, please send an email with the following information to CFATS@hq.dhs.gov.
CISA will review and respond within approximately two weeks of receiving the request.
- Name and organization you represent.
- Is this a for-profit or not-for-profit organization?
- Specific CFATS-related issues of particular interest to your organization and attendees, such as CFATS process, Top-Screens, the risk tiering methodology, Risk-Based Performance Standards (RBPS), the inspection process, Personnel Surety Program, CFATS for local emergency responders, and compliance lessons learned.
- Proposed location/venue.
- Proposed date and time.
- Is this presentation part of a larger event or conference?
- How long is this presentation? Should the CISA representative allot time for questions and answers from audience?
- Estimated number of attendees.
- Background of attendees.
- What other speakers will be presenting on the same topic/forum? Is this presentation part of a panel?
- Is the event open or closed to the press? If open, are press attending?
- Event agenda and website (when available).