Infrastructure Security Month 2022
Infrastructure Security is National Security:
Together We Can Drive Down Risk, Build Resilience
Most Americans may not think of critical infrastructure on a regular basis—that is, until it is compromised. A power outage during a storm or limited access to healthcare facilities after a ransomware attack are real life reminders of the role critical infrastructure plays in daily lives. Throughout November, CISA invites all Americans to remember that Infrastructure Security is National Security. Together We Can Drive Down Risk, Build Resilience. Keeping the nation’s critical infrastructure secure is important to our national security, economy and overall way of life. Critical infrastructure spans everything from telecommunications and chemical facilities to healthcare and financial systems and much more. It is interdependent with other critical infrastructure and supporting systems and encompasses all the essential services that keep our country and our economy running.
Not only do we need to protect critical infrastructure facilities and people in and around those facilities from physical threats, but we also need to be aware of new cyber vulnerabilities that emerge as our critical infrastructure systems increasingly integrate information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT).
There are a number of steps all organizations can take, such as:
- Strengthen your security plans by having a better understanding of the unique risks to your organization and systems.
- Exercise your preparedness plans on securing public gatherings and make sure they are up to date with the latest techniques and tactics.
- Focus on ways they can reduce risk and build resilience on both the physical and cyber fronts.
- Consider ways to embed resilience as a foundational design feature when upgrading or building new critical infrastructure.
Throughout the month, CISA will be working to put a face on the work being done to secure our nation’s critical infrastructure. Check back often and follow us on social media for the latest.
Join us and take action to ensure our critical infrastructure is safe, secure, and resilient.
- Download your Infrastructure Security Month toolkit to get started
- Read President Biden’s Proclamation declaring November as Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month.
- Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #infrastructure #infrastructureresilience
- Raise awareness by including a signature block graphic. To download Infrastructure Security Month images for use on your website or communications, please click the links below. NOTE - These graphics should not be used to imply affiliation with or endorsement by the government.
- Signature Block graphic
- Visit our YouTube page to access videos and tutorials covering such topics as targeted violence, school safety, chemical security, cyber-physical integration, partnerships and more.