Celebrating Telecommunicators Series: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Recognizes 911 Emergency Professionals during National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week 2023
CISA is honored to celebrate National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week (NPSTW) to give recognition to our nation’s public safety telecommunicators. We thank you for your commitment and dedication to public safety and ensuring no call for help goes unanswered. CISA encourages individuals to visit the 911 Telecommunicator Tree of Life webpage and submit a tribute to an unsung hero whose mission is to act, respond, and provide lifesaving emergency services 24/7/365.
CISA, in collaboration with trusted partners, such as SAFECOM, the National Council of Statewide Interoperability Coordinators (NCSWIC), and the Emergency Communications Preparedness Center (ECPC), develops public-safety driven resources and tools to support telecommunicators and their emergency communication centers (ECCs) address current needs and adapt to new roles and responsibilities as emerging policies and technologies shape the future of 911. The SAFECOM 911/NG911 Webpage has resources and guidance to help the 911 community:
- Assess Next Generation 911 (NG911) readiness using the NG911 Self-Assessment Tool
- Explore emerging tools and technologies to supplement staffing, enhance data sharing, and improve delivery of critical emergency services with our recently released document, Preparing for Technological Transformation in ECCs
- Learn about best practices for implementing essential location services using the Geographic Lifecycle Best Practices Suite
- Discover best practices for federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial agencies to establish agreements to interconnect NG911 systems through Considerations For Establishing Agreements for NG911
- Enhance their cybersecurity posture through publications like Two Things Every 911 Center Should Do to Improve Cybersecurity, cyber incident response case studiesfrom states and localities, and specific guidance on cyberattacks (e.g., ransomware, telephony denial of service, malware)
We encourage you to join CISA in celebrating NPSTW to recognize the hard work and dedication of our nation’s public safety telecommunicators. Visit us at National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week to see how CISA is celebrating NPSTW. We also encourage you to follow CISA throughout the month as it celebrates Emergency Communications Month. You can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.