Who We Are
Covering 285,606 square miles and spanning four U.S. States and nine Tribal Nations, Region 7 is a diverse geographic area. Through a regional office strategically located in Kansas City, Mo., regional personnel manage mission execution through steady state and incident operations, critical infrastructure analysis, and strategic outreach to critical infrastructure partners.
Region 7’s Mission Focus Areas create a framework to execute CISA mission sets. While the below list of priorities is not intended to be the sole focus of all Regional activities, the Region 7 Director has identified six operational priorities that span across several focus areas, objectives, milestones, and metrics which, when accomplished, provide the most value-added activities to the Region this fiscal year.
- Regional Integration: Provide situational awareness and programmatic coordination across the regional programs through established platforms, reporting, meetings, and delivering services in a “One CISA” approach.
- Election Security: Increase the resilience and security of elections infrastructure through continued engagement, education, and information sharing with State and local elections officials, and reviewing and revising internal processes as we identify lessons observed.
- CISA Program Delivery to Stakeholders: Enhance the region’s risk mitigation capabilities by supporting state, local, tribal, and private sector efforts to reduce risk to regional critical infrastructure through the integrated development and delivery of CISA programs and resources.
- Special Event Support: Provide support to regionally significant special events and provide relevant resources to stakeholders to help inform and reduce risk.
- Incident Preparedness, Incident Response, and Emergency Support Function #14: Prepare to support significant incidents through planning, preparedness, stakeholder engagement, and documenting and incorporating lessons observed into our future plans.
- Mission Support to Regional Personnel: Enhance the planning process to support regional training, budget, and support requirements.
Region 7 Director Phil Kirk
Regional Director Phil Kirk leads a cadre of security professionals located throughout the region who manage mission execution through steady state and incident response support operations.
Learn more about CISA’s vast array of services, tools and guides at the links below.
What We Do
Region 7 personnel provide risk and risk mitigation advice, outreach, assessments and inspections, trainings, support and more to our partners.
CISA Region 7 fact sheet
Explore the region's cybersecurity, physical infrastructure security, chemical security and emergency communications services.
CISA Region Resources
Learn more about the range of resources available to support a more robust cyber resilience.
Region 7 In Action
- Regional office: CISARegion7@hq.dhs.gov
- Media inquiries: CISAMedia@cisa.dhs.gov
- After hours: Central@cisa.gov
- To report anomalous cyber activity and/or cyber incidents 24/7, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (888) 282-0870.