The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) delivers services to support the security and resilience of critical infrastructure owners and operators and state, local, tribal, and territorial partners through 10 regions, inclusive of all states and territories. Regional personnel work with critical infrastructure partners and communities at the regional, state, county, tribal, and local levels to:
- Support preparation, response, and recovery efforts for hazards impacting critical infrastructure
- Safeguard soft targets and crowded places
- Conduct and integrate infrastructure assessments and analysis, including dependencies and cascading effects, on critical infrastructure to influence decision-making at all phases of emergency management
- Facilitate information sharing between public and private sector critical infrastructure partners
- Enhance election infrastructure security and other critical infrastructure cyber systems
- Improve situational awareness of cybersecurity risks and incidents
A Regional Director leads a cadre of security professionals located throughout the region. Through regional offices strategically located in the ten CISA regions, regional personnel manage mission execution through steady state and incident operations, critical infrastructure analysis, and strategic outreach to critical infrastructure partners. Protective Security Advisors (PSAs), Chemical Security Inspectors (CSIs), Cyber Security Advisors (CSAs), Emergency Communications Coordinators, and visiting CISA HQ staff all coordinate their critical infrastructure protection missions through the regional offices, and collaborate on regional critical infrastructure efforts, as needed.
Regional Office Locations
The CISA regional offices are in the same cities as, or in close proximity to, the 10 existing Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offices, as indicated by the red dots on the map: Boston, MA (Region 1); New York, NY (Region 2); Philadelphia, PA (Region 3); Atlanta, GA (Region 4); Chicago, IL (Region 5); Dallas, TX (Region 6); Kansas City, MO (Region 7); Denver, CO (Region 8); Oakland, CA (Region 9); and Seattle, WA (Region 10).
CISA Regional Services
Within each CISA Region are your local and regional Protective Security Advisors (PSAs), Cybersecurity Advisors (CSAs), Emergency Communications Division Coordinators, and other CISA personnel. These field personnel advise and assist in training and exercising some of the best practices to supporting our partners in achieving more robust resilience.
- Protective Security Advisors (PSAs)
PSAs are trained subject matter experts in critical infrastructure protection and vulnerability mitigation. They facilitate local field activities in coordination with other Department of Homeland Security offices. They also advise and assist state, local, and private sector officials and critical infrastructure facility owners and operators.
- Cyber Security Advisors (CSAs)
CSAs offer cybersecurity assistance to critical infrastructure owners and operators and SLTT governments. CSAs introduce organizations to various CISA cybersecurity products and services, along with other public and private resources, and act as liaisons to CISA cyber programs. CSAs can provide cyber preparedness, assessments and protective resources, strategic messaging, working group support and leadership, partnership in public-private development, and incident coordination and support in times of cyber threat, disruption, and attack.
Emergency Communications Coordinators support emergency communications interoperability by offering training, tools, workshops, and regional support. These services assist CISA stakeholders in ensuring they have communications during steady and emergency operations. Through these programs, CISA helps ensure public safety and national security and emergency preparedness communities can seamlessly and securely communicate.
A Regional Director (RD) oversees operations throughout the region, managing staff performing administrative, mission support, and outreach functions in close coordination with our partners in the field. The regional offices will also host space for:
- Chemical Security Inspectors (CSIs)
Chemical Security Inspectors (CSIs) advise and assist facilities with hazardous chemicals on security measures to reduce the risk of those chemicals being weaponized. For facilities covered under the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program, this includes working with the highest-risk chemical facilities to develop security plans and inspecting to ensure that security is in place. For facilities that do not fall under the CFATS program, CSIs facilitate and provide voluntary security resources, including guidance, best practices, and training.
CSIs and other regional chemical security personnel participate in conferences, meetings, and events throughout the nation to establish strong relationships with industry, government officials, first responders, law enforcement, and local community members. For more information, please email CFATS@hq.dhs.gov.
- Other regional Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) personnel
CISA Regional Contacts
CISA supports Federal, State, local, tribal and territorial government mission partners and the private sector stakeholder community through regional offices that provide a range of cyber and infrastructure security capabilities.
- Region 1 (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut): CISARegion1
- Region 2 (New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands): CISARegion2
- Region 3 (Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and the District of Columbia): CISARegion3
- Region 4 (Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida): CISARegion4
- Region 5 (Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota): CISARegion5
- Region 6 (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico): CISARegion6
- Region 7 (Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa): CISARegion7
- Region 8 (Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota): CISARegion8
- Region 9 (Arizona, Nevada, California, Guam, American Samoa, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) and Hawaii): CISARegion9
- Region 10 (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska): CISARegion10