The fifth generation (5G) of wireless technology represents a complete transformation of telecommunications networks, introducing a wealth of benefits. However, there are also new risks to national security and other domestic interests. To assist state, local, tribal, and territorial government officials in addressing these challenges, CISA created this 5G webinar to provide information about useful general knowledge, skills, and federal resources for addressing the cybersecurity vulnerabilities and best practices specific to efforts in adopting 5G telecommunications networks.
This webinar covers
Through CISA's efforts to understand and advise on cyber and physical risks to the Nation’s critical infrastructure, we help partners strengthen their own capabilities. We connect our stakeholders in industry and government to each other and to resources, analyses, and tools to help them build their own cyber, physical and communications security, and, in turn, strengthen national resilience.
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Region 6 provides cybersecurity and infrastructure security services to tribal nations and stakeholders in:
- New Mexico
The region leads and supports public and private sector partners in developing and maintaining secure and resilient infrastructure. Working with critical infrastructure partners and communities at the regional, state, county, tribal, and local levels, the region strives to:
- Support preparation, response, and recovery efforts for hazards impacting critical infrastructure
- Safeguard soft targets and crowded places
- Conduct and integrate infrastructure assessments and analysis, including dependencies and cascading effects, on critical infrastructure to influence decision-making at all phases of emergency management
- Facilitate information sharing between public and private sector critical infrastructure partners
- Enhance election infrastructure security and other critical infrastructure cyber systems
- Improve situational awareness of cybersecurity risks and incidents
Regional Director Harvey Perriott leads a cadre of security professionals located throughout the region who manage mission execution through steady state and incident response support operations. In addition to supporting the Nation’s COVID-19 response, Region 6 carries out CISA’s five priorities:
- Improve supply chain security against cyber threats from malicious actors and the rollout of 5G technologies;
- Harden federal networks (the civilian .gov domain);
- Reduce risk at soft targets;
- Enhance election security; and
- Protect critical infrastructure that includes industrial control systems and the processes that provide vital services in critical infrastructure.
|Who We Are. Learn about us, our region and our work.|
|What We Do. See how our cybersecurity, infrastructure security, chemical security and emergency communications experts can help address your most pressing concerns.|
|How We Can Help. Find the many resources, events and information we offer to help you defend against today’s threats and build a more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.|
|Where to Reach Us. Contact us using the information below.|