The mission of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is to lead the national effort to understand and manage cyber and physical risks to our critical infrastructure.
Because roughly 85% of American infrastructure is privately owned, CISA acts as a central coordinator of analysis, planning, and response working with partners to defend against today’s threats and collaborating to build more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.
CISA Region 8, headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado provides cybersecurity and infrastructure security services to 28 Tribal Nations and the following states:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Regional Director Shawn Graff leads a team of security professionals located throughout all six states. Through our efforts to understand and advise on cyber and physical risks to the nation’s critical infrastructure, we help partners strengthen their own capabilities. We connect our stakeholders in industry and government to one another and to resources, analyses, and tools to help them build their own systems and programs for cyber, communications, and physical security and resilience. By working together, we build national resilience.
Regional personnel work with critical infrastructure partners and communities at the regional, state, county, tribal, and local levels to:
- Support preparation, response, and recovery efforts for hazards impacting critical infrastructure;
- Safeguard soft targets and crowded places;
- Conduct and integrate infrastructure assessments and analysis, including dependencies and cascading effects, on critical infrastructure to influence decision-making at all phases of emergency management;
- Conduct inspections on facilities regulated under the CFATS program. Provide ongoing compliance assistance to these facilities as well as other chemical facilities potentially covered by the regulation.
- Facilitate information sharing between public and private sector critical infrastructure partners;
- Enhance election infrastructure security and other critical infrastructure cyber systems; and,
- Improve situational awareness of cybersecurity risks and incidents.
|Who We Are. Learn about us, our region and our work.|
|What We Do. See how our cybersecurity, infrastructure security, chemical security and emergency communications experts can help address your most pressing concerns.|
|How We Can Help. Find the many resources, events and information we offer to help you defend against today’s threats and build a more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.|
|Where to Reach Us. Contact us using the information below.|