The Bombing Prevention Awareness Course provides participants knowledge of general bombing prevention measures that aid in mitigating the impact of a bombing incident, including:
- Improvised Explosive Device (IED) construction and classification
- Homemade explosives (HME) and precursor awareness
- IED explosive effects and mitigation
- Introduction to the terrorist attack cycle
- Response to suspicious behaviors and items
Download a printer-friendly fact sheet for this course below.
To request in-person training, contact OBPTraining@cisa.dhs.gov who will work with your Protective Security Advisor (PSA) and Regional Training Exercise Coordinator (RTEC) to schedule training at your facility.
To report suspicious activity or if you receive a bomb threat, call 9-1-1 or contact local law enforcement.